Friday, July 31, 2009

An oft-neglected aspect of living overseas is that the logic of what can be purchased where changes. Not necessarily drastically; it is the subtlety that makes it disorienting. I'm sure I've mentioned my struggles with Hungarian pharmacists -- anything relating to personal upkeep can be purchased in the pharmacy. This includes what one might assume, such as medicine, things that you get in CVS, like vitamin supplements (and anti-bacterial cream :( ), and things like earplugs.

I am at a loss to explain what logic permits the drug store, which sells shampoo, conditioner, makeup, and so forth, to also sell a wide selection of bio and health food products but to not sell batteries.

Where do I buy batteries?!?

1 comment:

Andy Parrish said...

i dunno about a convenient place, but there's a big electronics store on the top floor of West End mall that totally has batteries.