Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The weather is a wicked tease. It's much sunnier, at least -- I realized that the sun has started rising at 4:00 instead of 7:00, which makes the trip to work much more pleasant.

I had an emergency repair situation in the apartment today! Our door handle has been loose for a week or two and when I came home this evening, it finally gave up the ghost and fell off. This was a problem because it meant that I couldn't open the door. But, instead of panicking, I got comfortable and then reached for our handy-dandy Ikea tool kit. I examined the door, realized that a screw was loose, put the right head on the screwdriver and fixed it! McGyver would have been proud.

I like things like that, when you pause and look at an inanimate object and get a sense of how the parts fit together. It's like zen meditation.

No comments: