The internet saga continues -- when I got home last night I was unable to check my email or load youtube. Apparently some guys caught on to our unprotected wireless internet and have started helping themselves. If anyone knows how to set up a secure network, please help! We could probably go back on the wired internet, but it would be a hassle.
Other than that... Things are really good! Since my hump maybe three weeks ago I've been enjoying myself quite a lot. As usual, there never seems to be enough time to get all my work done, and graph theory problem session continues to be more painful than not, but that's more or routine by now. I enjoy the work I'm doing, and (this is exciting) I think I have accidentally landed myself some discrete math/experimental computer science research. Sweet!
Here is a poll: is being angry at the extent to which math is still a boys club in and of itself a good reason to get a PhD and teach? I am thinking yes.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
no. unless you get a job teaching at an all boys school... that'll teach em'
Only if you want to be permanently reminded of your anger, I imagine.
In the minority opinion, yes! Or else I'm just really angry about gender politics in academia, too...
Yes, but it means you should get a CS Phd instead. And do graph theory. Graph theory is in the CS department here at U of Toronto. And of course two cool Swatties, me and Giovanna Thron.
Post a Comment