Monday was round eight with the immigration office... I went in two weeks later than I should have, knowing full well that I would receive nothing more than a slap on the wrist. I was correct! This is the third time I have been grudgingly handed a blank piece of printer paper and asked to write down why I didn't follow the rules.
"Dear Sir or Madame: I am really, really sorry I didn't come into the immigration office on time/turn in my documents on time/ask for a more noticeable stamp in my passport! I was busy with exams. Yours truly, N."
Afterwards they give you a document listing all the papers you have yet to turn in and ten days in which to procure them. It's like a scavenger hunt, except instead of a fun prize in the end you just get to stay in the country.
Worse than my late appearance was the fact that they noticed my health insurance card doesn't have an expiration date. Somehow it slipped under the radar in November. I got some normal insurance; now all I need is something in case of emergencies. Next on the list: two big paperclips.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment