My Fulbright officially ended last Sunday. A friend and I said goodbye to it most appropriately at Szimpla, beloved-loathed-beloved bar of expats and locals alike.
Now is a strange transition time. I have a few problems to do for a few classes, but they are more or less optional. I have approximately my last month of stipend to live off of until future notice. It's unclear how to go about getting a health insurance number, much less how much time it will take to shuffle the paperwork around... I was thinking a month on the outside, but a Hungarian I talked to the other night mentioned a (Hungarian) couple needing *six months* to get a number for their (Hungarian) child, so I might be out of work for a while. I'm trying to re-adjust my mindset and prepare for the long haul.
I'm also in an in-between place apartment-wise. I have a place, but it will be another month before I can move in. I don't have to live on the street, thankfully. I have a suitcase and a couple of apartments to drift between.
I think I'll buy a bike as soon as I get my act together. Budapest is definitely not the most bike-friendly city, but it's too beautiful to restrict myself to public transportation any longer. I also figure that, oblivious though I might be, I did manage to survive biking in Tokyo, if only just.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment