Monday, November 2, 2009

I ran errands this morning, which involved filling out paperwork and rustling up cash (returning books, selling books,etc.) I now have miraculously increased my pocket money tenfold!

The paperwork is ridiculous -- my language schools aren't so bad, but one class I teach is actually contracted from another school (this state of affairs in and of itself no doubt is the result of some condition outside the understanding of any human in my immediate contact circle). The paperwork would be enough to ballast an ocean liner. Almost all of it is filled out in duplicate or triplicate (yes, there was a form they needed *three* official copies of!), which in my mind is useful only insofar as it provides an opportunity to teach the phrase "in triplicate." Finally, for whatever reason, the material I actually teach is different from the official material, so to fill out what I "teach" every month, I copy it off an official syllabus. I taught Oscar Wilde the entire month of October.

Oh, paperwork!

[would that be the ablative case in Latin?]

No comments: