Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hurredly, from an internet cafe

Lacking internet in my flat (like everything these days, it's a long story), I started writing this post from the Castro Bistro... I'm now in an expensive (albeit conveniently 24-hour) internet cafe, so this might be fast.

The last four days were eaten up by Fulbright orientation, in a good way. They packed out time with sightseeing, lectures, and extravagent three-course (and booze-soaked) meals, so I certainly could have done worse things with my days. Most of the lectures were pretty interesting (history and current politics, for example) and others not so much (e.g. economics and US-Hungary cultural differences). Meeting the other Fulbrighters were great -- there are some really interesting projects here! I'm also forced to explain my project on a regular basis which is challenging, not least of all because I haven't really thought about it since October. The comission thought it was a good idea, though, so I shouldn't second-guess myself when it seems to come out wrong.

Unfortunately, likely as a result of my not sleeping very much, I think I'm coming down with something. Hopefully I can take it easy tonight and sleep it off.

Classes start Monday! Yikes.

No comments: