Me and my absentee ballot. Here's to not not having your vote matter!
Saturday I went on a hike through the Borzsony mountains with maybe thirteen other math students. It looked suspiciously like the Crum, although maybe we took the wrong path because we never made it to Lang.
A group photo. Fortunately things went smoothly and we left with as many people as we started with.
The view along the way was pretty great.
Tamas and Marci (?), two of the trip's organizers.
Some ruins, presumably from a castle. It's hard to see but there's grass on the top of the largest column. We played some frisbee here. I also heard one young boy say to his brother, "Nagyon csunya vagy!" which is more or less the equivalent of "you're a big dummy-head." I was pleased that my Hungarian proficiency approximated that of a three-year-old.
I thought the ruins would be the end of the trip -- little did I know this was still to come.
1 comment:
Hi Natalie,
Great idea to have a blog!
"Nagyon csĂșnya vagy" means "You're very ugly" or "You're very bad". I suppose, they use the last meaning.
By the way, I thought, that my English is like a 3-years-old child has, butt if you're Hungarian is that, then my English is around 4. :)
I probably visit you at ELTE around noon, okay?
Judit
Post a Comment