O yellow Split Pea!
You are filling and tasty
and affordable.
I went whole hog making split pea soup the other night. I even went to the market and asked for a pig bone -- what a thrill to look at a pot of water and sauteed vegetables and then chuck in a huge piece of spine!
Eventually you blend the soup and with it any small pieces of meat you could tear off from the spine. So, I ate some blended meat soup.
One of the few downsides of split pea soup is that when it is room temperature or colder, it tends to harden into a gelatinous lump. My solution last night was to reheat it in a pan with some water, thus doubling the volume of soup and improving the consistency. I encourage all of you to try this!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment