Thursday, January 21, 2010

This semester will be the semester of studying languages! Surprising even myself I am back at the Goethe for part two of Deutsch A. Honestly, I went in last fall really skeptical about German... I have little or not interest in German food or German history, I don't want to live in Germany, I probably won't be an academic and it's not useful outside of Europe, so really I have no reason to spend the time. But I made some friends and caught the language bug and here I am.

And... I'll be taking Hungarian at CEU! I had thought about it and waffled and kind of convinced myself not to, but then B. mentioned that he was doing it and I said heck, why not? So I'm in the Intermediate (=highest level) class. Suffice to say I am pretty pleased with myself at the moment. I'll go tonight and see how it is.

No comments: