I spent all summer either applying for jobs or worrying that I was broke and not applying to enough jobs. Occasionally I had fun as well, but not as much as I should have been having. I dropped my resume off at maybe twenty language schools; some offered interviews and most never responded, but only one saw fit to send me a letter that was actually rude:
_________________________________________________________________________________
Dear N. ,
Thank you for your interest in our school, but unfortunately, we cannot offer a teaching position for you. We employ experienced, fully qualified teachers of English with university or college degree in teaching languages, native or non-native speakers of English. We have to meet the special requirements of the Accredition Board.
Best regards,
X
_______________________________________________________________________________
I checked my email today and was both surprised and amused to have received the following:
_____________________________________________________________________________
Dear Ms. B,
Thank you very much for your CV and interest in our school.
I would like to invite you for a personal interview.
Could you visit me on 18 January 2010, at 3:30 p.m.?
Our address is below; the building is in the vicinity of Móricz Zsigmond circus.
Would you please send the electronic copies of your degrees and certificates and would you bring the originals with you.
I would also appreciate if you could reply to this message by Thursday this week (the 14th January) by mail or by phone.
Best regards,
X
____________________________________________________________________________
My response:
Dear X,
I appreciate your interest. However, your initial response to my CV (copied below) was so rude that it destroyed any interest I might have had in working at [Your Language School]. I hope you have better luck with your other applicants.
Best regards,
Natalie Bowlus
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
$%#@ yeah!! hahaha well played
as one job seeker to another, i thank you for sharing this
Post a Comment